One of the key benefits of Reachout Adventures curriculum is the four recurring themes. Each theme is new and exciting for the children but the uniform approach is especially beneficial to the staff and teachers. The themes present on a four-year rotation as follows:
- 2023 Summer SeaQuest
- 2024 Olympion (to correspond with the Summer Olympic Games)
- 2025 Upward Bound
- 2026 Space Probe
Due to the curriculum revision schedule, only the theme for each particular year will be available at that time.
Start with the purchase the Director’s Kit, which has everything you need to start planning for your VBS or other children’s program. The Director’s Kit will provide you with the following:
- Director Guide
- Teacher Guide Pre-K to 6th Grade
- Teacher Guide Ages 2 & 3
- Bible Lesson Curriculum: 5 exciting, in-depth Bible lessons presented as intriguing “eyewitness” accounts of the Book of Jonah. Includes lesson aims, background information, costume suggestions, & simplified storyline for 4’s–2nd grade.
- Craft Curriculum
- Gospel Presentation Manual – Complete guidelines for preparing & presenting “Salvation Sea Crossing,” SSQ’s unique 6-step daily Gospel presentation.
- Homeport Assemblies Manual – Everything you need for great daily assemblies, with skits that complement and bring to life the daily Gospel presentation, plus a comprehensive Closing Program plan.
- Recreational Packet
- A 4-K Student Logbook, a 1st – 6th Grade Student Logbook and Sticker Sheet
Order Your Director’s Kit to Evaluate the Curriculum Today!
Note: Your Director’s Kit is refundable (less a nominal restocking fee) should you choose not use Summer SeaQuest.
What changes were made to the previous edition of the curriculum (beginning with Summer Seaquest 2023)?
We made every effort to preserve the biblical fidelity, gospel emphasis and fun learning experience for the children while also simplifying the work for the Director, Teachers and their support team. After listening to feedback from long-time users as well as involving previous students (who are now adults) in the revision process, we believe we have a curriculum that both new and previous customers will appreciate.
We have created a new web portal with many, many resources available to the director, teachers and leadership team. The Director Kit remains a collection of printed guides in an attractive binder but much of it’s content is also available on the portal to make it more accessible to the team. The portal also contains all the music, artwork (for crafts, t-shirts and publicity), the Scripture memory drills, and other support resources. The student logbooks and famous fun sticker sets are still integral part of the curriculum and can be ordered online from the Reachout Store.
Other changes include:
- The emphasis of your event will be on the Salvation Sea Crossing (Gospel Presentation).
- The contest was taken out of all material and placed on the portal as a fun option.
- There is now only only one memory verse for all Sea Explorers.
- The Director Guide and and Teacher Guides have been greatly simplified.
- Reproducible learning pages for ages 2-3 are included in the Teacher Guide.
- The Logbooks have been reduced from four to two and are now for ages 4 to Kindergarten and Grades 1st to 6th
- And yes…the stickers are still are fun part of the curriculum and are available in the Student Packets.
If you have questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us by email or call 1.800.283.1357.
Reachout Adventures has been used in all sizes of churches, and in various situations–from a church of nearly 900 kids, to a backyard in the Bronx, New York to the mission field overseas. No matter what your size or situation, we can help you adapt this curriculum for use on a small or large scale. You can pull out all the stops and have a robust VBS, or if your resources are limited, keep things simple. Both can happen with huge impact, by God’s grace and power, and with the help of our staff.
Call us at 1.800.283.1357 (option 2) or email email@example.com more information.
The portal is an essential to provide you with the tools you need to have a successful VBS or other camp or ministry program. A subscription to the portal provides you with:
- The contents of the Director’s Kit (in PDF format) with easy access to share with your staff.
- Music: Instrumental, with lyrics, hand motions videos, piano and guitar accompaniment.
- Artwork: downloadable images to create decorations, publicity, signage, crafts, activities and more.
- Lighthouse Scripture Memory Drills: a program that can be used during your VBS as well as the following months.
- Support Resources: links to accessory products, craft and other creative ideas, alternative uses, suggested mission projects, answer keys and more.
Preview portal contents and subscription rates here.
We highly recommend you purchase the Student Packets for your young explorers. The book and accompanying sticker set engage your students in the process of learning. Whether your students are auditory, visual or tactile learners…the packet helps them all! Maybe, more importantly, the logbooks provide a great way for your children to interact with their parents about what they learned. Parents can help the children with practical, life applications from the lessons and, in certain circumstances, the logbooks help the children relay the truth of the Gospel to unbelieving parents.
New International Version (NIV)
The Director’s Kit, which must be purchased to evaluate the suitability of the curriculum to your situation, is refundable–less a $15 restocking fee.
The web portal subscription is only refundable in the event of a “hardship” decision to cancel your VBS, camp or other ministry activity. A hardship request would be considered by the CDM management on a case-by-case basis.
Student Packets are not refundable, but we are often able to help you locate other churches in need of Logbooks and can help facilitate the exchange.